‘Master Craft’ – The Architect Show Rules & Regulations
This show will be known as ‘Mastercraft’- The Architect show. The rules and regulations (“Rules”) contained herein apply for participation in the Master Craft, The Architect show. This show primarily focuses to identify super homes in Kerala.
Concept : For Malayalees,home is more than just a roof above their head. It’s a status symbol. Everyone wants their home to be an iconic landmark.It is said, a Malayalee invests a major portion of his savings for building a beautiful home. With the growing disposable income and availability of modern decorative building materials, more and more people are engaging professional architects to make their dream house a reality..
Realising this growing trend and demand Mathrubhumi News has instituted an award to appreciate and acknowledge the Architectural excellence in Kerala. The award will provide an opportunity for architects designer in the state to showcase their talent. The awards would open new doors for budding architects and home owners. Home owners also can apply.
1.1 Who can participate?
'Mastercraft'- The Architect show is open to all young architects, residing within the geographical territory of Kerala. Home owners also can apply.(Indian Citizens only).
Age limit of participants: 45 and below.
Employees of ‘Mathrubhumi’, its subsidiaries and other group companies, as well as those companies and their subsidiaries sponsoring the Awards, and their families are not eligible to participate.
Only those architects registered with Council of Architects are eligible to apply for this show.
1.2 What can be showcased?
Only projects which have been completed between January 01, 2017 and September 30, 2018 are eligible for participation. Latest projects of participants are preferred. Future projects, partially completed and incomplete projects are not eligible for participation.
Receipt of nominations (“Nomination period”) - 18th January 2019 to 28th February 2019
Awards ceremony to be conducted in May 2019.
Receipt of nominations after the Nomination Period may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Committee. Further, above mentioned timelines may be altered in the event of the circumstances which are beyond the control of the Awards Committee.
1-Best Architecture Design-Individual House
2- Best Home
4-Best Remodified House
5-Best Eco friendly House
- Roof design
- Bath room design
- Kitchen Design
- Interiors Design
Awards Committee has the right to change/modify/split/merge/add/cancel any of the award categories mentioned above.
Guidelines to participate
Please log in at www.mbmastercraft.com and register for the show
Registration in the show is permitted only via online mode.
Participants can nominate more than one project within a particular Award category or sub category, and a particular project within multiple Award Categories. Participants need to register separate nominations for each project nominated in each Award category. The selection of the project is purely based on the decision of the Award Committee.
Each nomination must be supplemented by two A2 sized presentations (landscape or portrait format) in PDF format.
The last date to submit is 28th February 2019.
Rules to prepare brief are as under:
- The presentations must include project name, location, plans and picture / drawings of completed projects, a brief description of the project and design process should be submitted in English. There is no limit on the number of images that can be used as long as the entire presentation does not exceed the two pages.
- Right to permit participation is reserved with Mathrubhumi. Disqualification of nominations is at the sole discretion of Mathrubhumi.
- Incomplete nomination form in any manner will disqualify the participant from the Show.
- If at any time, any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the participant will be disqualified.
- Awards Committee has the right to ask for proof of information provided or audit the information provided in the nomination form or supplementary documents. If such a request is made and the participant does not share the requested information timely, the participant could be disqualified.
- If, after the conclusion of the Award ceremony , any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, the participant will be liable to return the Award and any monetary/ non-monetary incentives provided as part of the Award( in case of Winner). Determination of whether information provided is correct or not rests with the Awards Management.
Short-listing procedure and determination of winners
- All the nominations received shall be collated and presented to the Jury for initial evaluation, based on pre-defined criteria for evaluation, to determine the shortlisted nominees in each Award category. Awards Committee reserves the right to reclassify nomination from one category to another category without requiring prior approval from the participant.
- Shortlisted nominations in each Award category will be presented to the Jury for final evaluation, based on pre-defined evaluation criteria, which shall determine the winners. Jury’s decision is final and binding on all Participants.
(Shortlisted nominees will be contacted by the Awards Committee to inform them of the selection of their nominations, and for further information, in case any required.)
- The winner will be declared at the Awards Ceremony to be held in Cochin and be presented with the Award.
Other Terms and Conditions
- The Awards process is not subject to review by any participant. The Awards Committee will not entertain any communication in this regard from any participant.
- The nomination form once submitted will be considered final, accurate and best to the knowledge of the participant. Your participation in the Awards will be construed as an acceptance of the Terms. If you do not agree to any of the Terms, you should not participate in the Awards
- Mathrubhumi, its subsidiaries and group companies reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Awards at its discretion or change all or any part of terms, conditions, rules or regulations that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and being liable for any consequential losses/damages.
- The participants are not required to pay any participation fees.
- To the extent permitted by law, Mathrubhumi or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents, shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent on the part of Mathrubhumi or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents.
- The participants understand that the Awards will be documented on Mathrubhumi channels and they give Mathrubhumi and its affiliates the express permissions and rights to reproduce, exhibit, advertise, and exploit and license to others or to reproduce, exhibit, advertise, and exploit all of the photographs and video recordings made hereunder in connection with the Awards in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use or authorize the use of any portion(s) of the Awards containing the photographs and recordings made hereunder in other motion pictures.
- The Awards Committee will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the Participants, in relation to the Award. They will not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards. The Awards Management and its contractors cannot be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majeure reasons.
- The Participant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless, Mathrubhumi, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and claims (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from your participation in the Awards, including without limitation property damage and personal injury claims.
- Comments of participants or materials sent to Mathrubhumi including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Mathrubhumi is free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and Awards nominations without limitations or obligation of any kind. Mathrubhumi is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. Mathrubhumi reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that we collect and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind.
- The decision of award committee with respect to the Awards, any matter related thereto including the choice of questions or the manner of choosing of winners will be final and binding on all participants and no questions, correspondence, enquiries, etc. on the manner of conduct of the Awards from any party whatsoever will be entertained.
- We are fully committed to following laws related to the collection of data and to our carefully considered policy on data collection. You are required to give us the correct details about yourself and Mathrubhumi will not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, for any wrong details submitted.
- All the rules/terms/conditions mentioned herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ernakulam alone to hear, try and decide such issues in dispute
- In no event, shall Mathrubhumi (including its subsidiaries and group companies) be liable for any claim made by any participant for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure their contact details are current and up to date.
- In the event these Rules do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Awards, the same will be concluded on by the Jury (for winner determination issues) or Awards Management (for all other issues).
- If participants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their queries to email@example.com or can contact 0484-2882200 (Mon-Sat, 9.30am-5.30pm) or alternatively they can refer to our website – www.mbmastercraft.com